Tuesday, October 27, 2009

*Hip Hop 09' and Celebrity JockERs*


Is it possible to be a celebrity but jock fellow celebrities?! What is wrong with Hip Hop today?! My best friend Vanessa gave me the blog idea for today on facebook (she must be really irritated) and I was sort of thinking about the same idea while watching the BET Hip Hop Awards tonight (while texting Ashlee).


Heres what Vanessa said:

"Im soo tired of ppl saying "Ciara is jockin Beyonce" or "Keri jockin Ciara" and "Beyonce jockin Rihanna" etc, etc... People you have to remember that half of these celebrities dont get to choose what they wear, sing, dress or what they videos look like. Songwriters, designers, directiors and publicists choose a lot of this stuff. Unfortunately they dont have a say a lot of the time and they just do as told. And stop acting like you yourself NEVER JOCKED anyones style, swagg whatever you want to call it. Hell dont most of us want to look like the celebrites anyway? So whats really the difference? Just because Rihanna has blonde hair all of a sudden doesnt mean she's trying to be Beyonce. And just because Keri has a dance scene in her video doesnt mean she's trying to be Ciara. Get over it!! Being a celebrity is just like being in "Celebrity High School". We all know that when we was in HS we all wanted this because so & so had it. Or we want to look like that cuz so-so looks like that. Its the same process. Being famous just makes it way more noticeable. Clothes and shoes, etc are made to suite the fashion and mimic the people we adore. So get over it. A company makes 500,000 shirts or more....you're bound to see someone dressed similar to you. Or an outfit that looks similar to a celebrities. I just hate hearing the term "jockin" or "swagger jacking" . It's damn near impossible to be an individual in todays society. The designers, music is all tailored to fit what we want. Celebrites included. Outfits are made to suit a certain artist sometimes and then similar products are made. Just please get over it and leave them the hell alone!"


My response:


I totally agree about the whole jocking another's "swagger." Celebrities are major icons and we are to judge them. Thats just how society works. You can not be a celebrity without somebody judging you or hating on you. People feed from negativity and you notice how everyone has to gossip to make a juicy conversation. Nobody likes to hear good news. Your parents ever told you "Misery loves company?" Well we see this happening everyday lol and we do fall victim to it too. I personally don't pay attention to females and especially female celebrities but from what I have seen is that once one person is starting a fashion trend, then everybody is wearing the same thing. Just like I was stating yesterday with the whole Jordans thing. And yes, celebrities don't get to pick out what exactly they are going to wear, their managers tell them, "hey this is the hot new trend out or this is the newest designer in the city so you must wear this to look good to sale yourself to your fans." That's just the way I see it.



Now as far as hip hop period:

I am not a musical person but all my friends are and they keep up with the latest music then tell me about it so I stay updated. I also don't care to watch celebrity reality shows or award shows. I missed the last award show that had everyone talking about Kayne interrupting Taylor Swift. In reality thats exactly what he wanted, everyone talking about him even if its something negative. Kayne loves attention anyway, hell who doesn't love attention. Now by everyone hyping up the celeb world, we act as though they are not people just like us. They are, the only difference is that they have a poetic talent and they have shit loads of un-neccessary money. So this is why I don't pay much attention to the celeb media. The Hip Hop Awards was lame, especially seeing soulja boy. Thats when I was like you know what, I got to say something about these awards and hip hop in general. Its like hip hop world has went downhill and we are settling for these lame lyric rappers. Every channel for music I see the "New Boys" or performance by "Soulja Boy". What the hell is really going on now with our black music. These boys are saying "you're a jerk" while wearing skin tight dick hugging pants and high tops and then Soulja Boy is saying "Gucci Gucci Bandana". WTF!? Why lol songs in 2009 have no type of meaning behind them or no story to them like older songs do. I look at music as poetry with a beat behind it, well I don't see it in today's music. But I am guilty of getting hype in clubs and parties off these songs lol. Now we just let anybody into the game. Back in day its like you had to do a initiation of some sort just to make it into the music world and be up there with the big stars. Well now all you got to do is say "shake that meat" or "im the shit hoe" on youtube and wait to get views, then BOOM you are famous! That's one thing I'm starting to notice everytime a new rapper comes out.


These songs get to young African-American's heads too. Sometimes I'm at a college party with my friends and a song comes on talking about "throw yo hood up!" If yall all from the same state then what the is the point in starting a fight with somebody just on the west side of the state? Yall both got the same state identitfication when it comes down to it. It just doesn't make sense. All the fighting, sex deprived, and drug songs. No songs with a good meaning to them, hence reason I listen to r&b because these songs tend to have a story or meaning behind them.


We have all the good rappers being locked up over the stupidest crap. I could go on and on about that. One day I put on my facebook status "Jay-Z is not tight" and wow people were not in agreement with me. lol I've personally never liked Jay-Z as a rapper but I know he has gotten up in ranks because of his producing, clothing line, etc...but I never felt him as a rapper. I don't even have a favorite rapper actually. I think Jay-Z is the only rapper I have not heard about that is the greatest and is not going to jail.


To be cont...

1 comment:

  1. man cuz..u were really really bored or you were really really upser..both of yall need to do a lil woosah...remember your pressure points..lmao..but i agree wit both yall pimps

    ReplyDelete